Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Review of Vampire Diaries 3.19- Heart of Darkness


Damon and Elena go to keep Jeremy safe, Tyler returns, Stefan brings out the darkness in Alaric, Klaus gets impatient, and Esther returns.....

That ending was a total mindfrack.  Esther died, but when she did, she took possession of Rebekah.  That is not a good thing for anyone.  I don't know if she still has her powers, although I suspect not since they have established that a witch cannot be a vampire as well.  I think that having that much power in one being would mess with the balance of nature or something like that.  However, since it is merely a possession and not a real transformation, I could very easily be wrong.  If I am, then we could very easily have the most powerful being in the Vampire Diaries world teaming up with Evilric to destroy her children and therefore all vampires.  Yikes....

Elena initiated a serious liplock with Damon.  That was also a surprise.  It has been fairly obvious that she has feelings for him, but to see her reveal them in that manner was just surprising.  I love that Damon is not letting her off the hook.  He has declared that he isn't going to be the one to screw this up.  Elena will have to choose which brother she wants all on her own.  And Rose is right.  Stefan's love for her is pure, romantic, and everlasting.  Damon's is more elemental and animalistic.  Stefan doesn't challenge Elena like Damon does.  Elena always has to question if this is something that she wants.  Not saying one or the other is better, each is good for her in his own way.  All I know for sure is that she has to make a choice one way or the other.  Either Damon or Stefan.  I do not think they will settle for sharing and I don't see her totally cutting them out of her life, so a choice will have to be made at some point.

Jeremy is seriously unhappy with Elena.  I don't know how much he remembers, but I know for sure that he thinks Damon is no good for her.  I can't say I blame him for being judgmental, Damon has earned the judgment.  He has also become a better person because of his love for Elena.  Hopefully with Jeremy coming back, Elena will be able to get his help to sort this out since he has been away for a while and may offer the most clearheaded advice.  Bonnie hates Damon and tolerates Stefan.  Caroline would also be fairly clearheaded if she can set aside the Tyler problem to help Elena.  I don't know if Matt would be of any help either.  And forget about Alaric, I don't see him being very helpful at all.

Watching Stefan bring out Evilric was just painful.  I am glad that Stefan has enough control over his Ripper tendencies to not kill Alaric.  That is progress.  And his deducing that Klaus won't kill him because Klaus wants Ripper back was smart.  Stefan knows that Klaus has out thought them at every turn and is more than a match for the group.  So, he is using what he can to manipulate Klaus.  Will it work?  Don't know, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Caroline was glad to have Tyler back.  Did he manage to break the sire bond?  Again, we don't know and will just have to wait and see.  Tyler thinks he did and his confidence is enough to make me worry.  Also, he knows that Klaus has feelings for Caroline and suspects (because she kept the drawing) that Caroline may have feelings for him.  I do doubt that she does and suspect that she simply enjoyed the wooing.  Unless she is trying to string Klaus along in order to see if she can be his Achilles' heel or something like that.

So which Original did Damon, Stefan, and Caroline descend from?  At this point, I don't think we'll know unless the Original involved confesses.  Kol killed Rose's maker and therefore the sole information source.  No one in the group was close enough to her for Jeremy to be of any help, so they are at a dead end.

Until next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment