Tuesday, July 19, 2016

My Review of The Fosters 4.04- Now for Then

Callie starts a new senior project, Mariana tries to deal with what happened with Nick, Cortney gets a surprise from her ex, and Stef and Lena decide to help someone in need...

I'm honestly wondering if the photo essay is really going to be Callie's senior project or if her quest to get Kyle out of prison is going to take its place.  Either way, I think it is going to be very interesting to see how she grew up.  As for Liam's mom, all I can say is wow, that woman is completely delusional and has (at best) a tenuous grip on reality.  She honestly seems to believe that Callie is totally to blame for what happened to Liam and that he is a fine and upstanding person.  That is just unbelievable.  As for the second home, the one where Kyle lived, that seemed like a good home and it really seemed like it could have been great for Callie and Jude.  I get why the social workers were saying that only one child could be adopted and why Kyle was chosen.  As Callie was told, she and Jude had each other.  It ended up ok, because she found the Adams-Fosters, but it still sucked for her and Jude.  And I was right.  The guy who plays Aaron is the same guy who was on Faking It in the last few episodes.  I can just see the problems developing if Callie is split between him and AJ.

I will say that this show keep surprising me.  I should have known that Mike wasn't going to sabotage Gabe, but it honestly seemed like he might be calling the ADA in order to come between Gabe and Ana.  But the more I thought about it, the more sense it made that Mike would help out.  Ana felt responsible for what happened to Gabe, so by helping Gabe, Mike would help her recovery.  He would also help Stef and Lena, so that makes it even less surprising.

Speaking of Gabe, what everyone did for him was awesome.  Granted, it was partly for selfish reasons, but it was also the right thing to do.  As I said frequently during the second half of Season 3, Gabe did not deserve to be on the sex offenders list.  The honest truth is that while he did sleep with Ana while she was underage, there didn't seem to be anything about it that was wrong beyond the age difference.  So getting him off of the list means that he will stop being punished for what happened.  The other good thing is that it will hopefully help Lena keep her job, so that is good.

I have to admit to a little annoyance with Mariana.  I get that she is feeling somewhat responsible for Nick, but continuing to string him along is so not going to be a good thing.  She has to cut the cord with him while he is safely in the hospital because while he is there, the hospital can keep an eye on him and help him out.  If he is convinced that she is in love with him and gets released, then she runs the serious risk that he will do something to her or Mat.  The only problem is that he may not believe her no matter what.  Still, she needs to just bite the bullet (so to speak) and tell him that she is not in love with him.

I am not at all surprised that Cortney's ex is trying to get custody.  He has never been pleased that Cortney and Brandon are together.  Also, he took away everything from her last season, so that is not good.  I have always wondered if she is on the up and up, and her actions tonight gave me even more reason to worry.  Trying to get underage kids to consume alcohol is not a sign of good judgment.  Add that on top of accepting the apartment from Brandon and I just don't like her very much,  Am I saying that she deserves to lose her son?  Absolutely not.  But I still wonder about her judgment.

I am of two minds about Lena and Stef and the way they are treating Brandon.  The thing is that they really need to get on the same page.  Is Stef being too harsh?  That is definitely debatable.  Regardless of that, Lena really shouldn't be bringing stuff to Brandon behind Stef's back.  The two of them need to talk and come on a decision about how they'll handle the situation.  Brandon is legally an adult, so he can move out if he wants.  So Stef is right when she says that he needs to handle things on his own as much as possible.  I'm not saying it is easy, but unless he absolutely needs it, he really shouldn't be getting help from them, IMNSHO.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment