Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Review of Ringer 1.13- It's Easy to Cry When This Much Cash is Involved

Ok, that was an interesting twist I didn't expect to the rape storyline.  And Siobhan continues to play Henry and Tyler like a maestro with one small hitch while Bridget gets closer and closer to the truth....

Turns out; surprise, surprise; there was no rape involved.  Instead, it was an intricate plot by Juliet to get money from her dad to replace the trust fund she had lost earlier.  I must say that when I thought she was lying, I expected something a little more mundane like Juliet lying because her advances were spurned or something like that.  Turns out she is alot more devious than I had expected.  And her enemy (whose name I can never remember) went along with it in order to get a cut of the cash.  Interesting indeed.  From the look on Juliet's face in the hotel room, she is regretting bringing the other girl in on the whole deal.

With one exception, things went incredibly well for Siobhan tonight.  She has convinced Henry that Bridget knew she was still alive and they willingly traded places in order to protect Bridget from her enemies.  And Henry fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  Tyler was a little bit of an issue when he saw Henry in Siobhan's room, but she convinced him that Henry was her brother and he proceeded with her plan to get Andrew's company in trouble.  The hitch in the plans was that Andrew's partner had that picture of Henry and Siobhan in bed together and blackmailed Henry into getting his father-in-law to put some money into Andrew's company.  Only problem, Siobhan is looking to bring the company down and Henry's father-in-law will lose his money.  Oops...

Bridget is circling around the truth, but she can't see it yet.  She's figured out that Siobhan knew John and that Siobhan hadn't forgiven her for what happened.  Once she can make the leap to Siobhan not killing herself, she'll have a better grasp of things.  Only problem is that I don't know if she can make that leap.  But she did take the prudent step of hiring protection just in case.  A good idea.

I wonder if the problems with Andrew's company are real or not.  It seems as if maybe Siobhan realized that something was up and decided to jump ship and get as much money as possible rather than go down with the ship.  I've heard hints that Andrew has some bad tendencies we haven't seen yet, and I wonder if this is it.

I also wonder if Juliet's mom knew about the extortion plot and the fake rape.  I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me if she did.

Next week, we discover why Siobhan and Bridget fell out with each other.  Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment