Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My Review of The Fosters 3.12- Mixed Messages

Brandon and Callie get a scare, Stef weighs her options, Mariana and Lexi have words, and Jesus shows some definite strain....

Brandon and Callie really need to get on the same page.  I thought that after their talk on the way back from Mexico last season that Brandon would stop blaming Callie for everything, but there he goes again.  <eyes rolling>  Dude really needs to learn to take the credit for his own mistakes.  Did he and Callie think that she wouldn't be adopted when they slept together?  Yes.  Callie had just helped Rita and was under the impression that she would be turned in for kissing Brandon, which would destroy her chance at adoption.  Were they wrong?  Well, yeah, but that doesn't make what they thought at the time any less real.  They really need to figure out how to coexist and be friends, because that is when they are at their best.  They know each other well enough to push each other when needed.  Unfortunately, they also know how to hurt each other tremendously.  At this point, I really don't think that anything can undo the adoption (thought I could be wrong), so they just need to acknowledge that they made a mistake and move on.

That woman working with Callie still creeps me out.  She is trying to make Callie into a spokesperson for foster kids, which isn't the worst idea, but there is something about the way she is doing it that gives me the heebie jeebies.  Her idea about showing kids in the foster system that they can come out the other side better is not a horrible idea in and of itself, but there is something almost manipulative about her.  I really can't put my finger on what is so freaky, but there is definitely something.  Callie needs to be very careful, because this woman may try and get Callie to do things that are not in Callie's best interest.

If that driving scene with Jesus is any sort of indication, he has PTSD (or something) and is trying to cover it up.  I'm just worried that he'll keep trying to do something stupid in order to prove that he doesn't have any issues from the crash and will end up hurting himself or someone else.  Unfortunately, Jesus is one of those guys who is always trying to prove how masculine he is and just does dumb things.  Add that to the impulsivity from his ADHD and you have a recipe for trouble.  I can practically guarantee you that he won't try and talk with anyone, even Mariana, about what is going on in his head and that will only be trouble.

In that respect, he takes after Stef.  I am going to come right out and say that I agree with Lena.  Absent some serious proof that something as radical as a mastectomy or hysterectomy is absolutely necessary, I don't think they should be done.  I am so not a believer in the idea of a mastectomy as a prophylactic measure.  That being said, it is her body and she needs to be the one to make the decision after getting the facts.  I hated that her mom was trying to manipulate her into having a mastectomy right away, even before cancer was actually detected.  I know it is a bit freaky, I myself have had several precancerous polyps removed during a colonoscopy, so I get it.  At this point, she isn't sick and there isn't anything that desperately needs to be taken care of, if I understand what Lena was saying correctly.  That note at the end was worrisome.  A BRCA gene mutation does put you in a much higher risk category for developing breast or ovarian cancer, but it is not a guarantee that it will happen.  I just hope that Stef actually talks with Lena or a doctor about what is going on and takes the time (which she has) to make a well-informed decision absent any sort of emotional pressure or blackmail like her mom tried to used tonight.

I get that Lexi is feeling left behind, but I think it behooves us to remember that *SHE* gave Jesus permission to date other people before she left.  Yes, he did say that he wouldn't, but that doesn't change the fact that Emma didn't "steal" Jesus from Lexi, Jesus chose to break up with Lexi because of the distance.  Using the whole thing as a chance to lash out at Mariana was really small of her.  Sorry, but I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for her.  Mariana has really blossomed since Lexi left and has come into her own.  I hope she doesn't start to backslide now because Lexi is back.  I do think that Lexi and Emma can get along well if they give each other a chance.  I will also say that the same holds true for Jesus and Hayley.  While he should have waited longer after he and Emma broke up to get with Hayley, the fact is that he was on his own at the time.  Doesn't suck any less for Emma, but there it is.

Brandon and Mat are turning Romeo & Juliet into a rock opera?  This should be very interesting.  Maybe that will help them get over Callie and Mariana respectively.

Jude is definitely showing that he is missing Connor.  However, if I am right, he won't be alone for long.  He and the boy from the foster system Callie met last week seemed to vibe, or maybe that is just my imagination....

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment