Saturday, November 5, 2016

My Review of The Vampire Diaries 8.03- You Decided That I Was Worth Saving

Sybill presents Bonnie with a choice, an old face resurfaces, and someone new is clued into what is going on....

While better than last week's episode, this week's was still subpar.  It's almost like the show is struggling to figure out what to do in the last season.  I really hope they start kicking the show into high gear really soon, because they only have 13 episodes left to wrap things up nicely.  And we still haven't seen Matt back yet.  What's up with that?  That boy seriously deserves more respect than this show has been giving him.

I think one of my big issues with the show right now is what they're doing with Damon.  I understand that he has only ever been good on the show because of Elena, and I think that is what they are trying to drive home.  The thing is that we know he can be a good person, which is why Elena fell for him in the first place.  He suffers from a chronic lack of self-respect, which is why he's always looked for someone outside of himself to keep him a good person, much like Lance on Arrow.  I would just love to see either of them really realize that they are good people all on their own and be able to stand up for themselves.  I would just really like for Damon to actually be worthy of Elena, because the two of them really are good for each other.  I love Damon's relationship with Bonnie when they were friends, but I don't think they could ever be much more than that.

And then there is Enzo, a character I have never particularly liked who was originally written to be a lot like Damon, but all of a sudden seemed to turn himself around.  However, much like Damon, he did it for a girl, Bonnie.  If he did lose her, would he take the same path that Damon is taking?  I suspect that he would, particularly if Sybill was messing with him as much as she was with Damon.

And I'm sorry, but I can't blame Stefan for picking Damon over Enzo and the fact that Bonnie seemed surprised was just weird.  Stefan will always pick Damon when push comes to shove.  Stefan knows that Damon is the way hew is because of choices that he made.  Stefan is the one who turned them both.  Stefan is the one who got Damon hooked on blood.  Stefan is the one who caused a lot of pain to Damon.  I'm not saying Damon is blameless, but without Stefan, I am not sure he would be half as bad as he is.  And there is also the fact that they are family and Enzo is not.  Oh, and Enzo has tried to kill Stefan and Damon and Sarah on more than one occasion.  So yeah, color me so not surprised.

Alaric's TA got a seriously rude awakening this week.  She now knows that the supernatural is real and that everything is not as it appears.  I am just curious about how she will react.  I hope she sticks around, because I really do like her.

And then there is Tyler.  Is he dead?  Probably.  He's never been one of my favorite characters, so I won't weep overmuch, but he did deserve better than that.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment