Tuesday, November 7, 2017

My Review of The Flash 4.05- Girls Night Out

While everyone celebrates the engagement of Iris and Barry, secrets start spilling...

Before I get to the serious stuff, can I just say how much I love Grant's comedic work?  He was so funny as drunk Barry in this episode.  I was wondering how they were going to get him drunk, given that they established early on that his body burned off the alcohol very quickly, so having Cisco create that formula to help him get drunk was perfect.  Between his repeated announcements that he was the Flash and his weepy musings about why Rose didn't let Jack on the door, Barry's night was quite funny.

But tonight was mostly about the girls and the discovery that Caitlin can still become Killer Frost.  The reveal in the restaurant was pretty cool and I loved Barry's and Cisco's reactions to seeing Killer Frost when they got back to STAR Labs.  I can't say that I blame Caitlin for being skittish about Killer Frost still being around.  After everything Killer Frost has done to the gang, it is not hard to imagine them not being happy that she is back.  And, Iris, you've never been particularly buddy buddy with Caitlin, so don't even go there.

As for Amunet, having Katee Sackoff play her was just awesome.  Veering from somewhat jovial to downright nasty and sinister, this was a great villain.  I so hope she is not a one-shot villain, because she was just too awesome to not have back.  I found her power very interesting.  Being able to control metal fragments that way was pretty cool.  I do wish that we had a better idea whether it was just metal fragments or if it was any size piece of metal.  I am assuming metal fragments because that is all they showed her controlling, but you never know.

It was nice to see Joe and Cecile have the talk about how nervous they were about the child.  If they weren't nervous, I would suspect that something is wrong.  Having a baby is never easy and having one this many years after you other child has to be that much harder.

I thought that Joe handled his discovery about what Cecile's daughter was doing perfectly.  He didn't yell, scream, or anything.  He listened, expressed his concerns, and said what he thought she should do.  That was just awesome.

Hopefully we'll soon learn why DeVoe arranged for the new metas to be made.  I have to wonder if he knew what powers they would have or not.  And if he did, how would he know?

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment