Sunday, August 6, 2017

My Review of Teen Wolf 6.12- Raw Talent

A few characters make a return and Scott gets an inkling as to what is going on.

Honestly, there was not a ton of stuff going on tonight.  The main thing we learned is that there are a variety of ordinary people who have twigged into the whole supernatural thing and aren't exactly happy about it.  The guidance counselor is one of those people and the doctor from Eichen House is another.  They seem to want to kill supernatural creature merely because they exist and they want them gone.

In other words, this seems like the Benefactor all over again.  When shows repeat major storylines in their final season, I always get worried because that generally indicates that they don't have another idea and don't know what to do.  And that generally leads to a not great ending because they are retreading old territory.  Add to that the fact that they are bringing Gerard back again to unite these people into some semblance of an army and we are repeating part of season 2.

I've seen this happen with other shows and I am not happy to see it happening again.  Falling Skies had this sort of problem, The Vampire Diaries had this sort of problem, as have other shows.  I really, really hope that the remaining episodes aren't just going over well trod ground again.  If so, I will stop writing reviews, even though I will continue watching.  Between this week and the lack of Stiles as a main character, this arc is *SO* not off to a good start.

Honestly, that is really all I have to say about the episode, which is not a good sign.  I am just hoping that the show goes back to being a whole lot better than it was in 6A.  I want this show to go out with a bang, not a whimper.

No comments:

Post a Comment