Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Review of The Secret Circle 1.05- Slither


Holy crap, I so did not see that ending coming.  This show just keeps getting better and better every week.

Ok, I know they were talking about a death, but I figured it would come later in the season.  I also figured it would be one of the adults.  I did not expect Nick to die in the fifth frikking episode of the show!  Wow, wow, wow....and owowowowowowow......

Well, Cassie's grandmother now knows that the kids know that they are witches.  And she is powerful and knowledgable.  Facing down that demon and bringing the crystal along was just incredible.  Surprisingly, she is fine with the kids knowing.  I think she realizes that hiding this from them is just going to cause problems.  So if guiding them along will keep them relatively safe, go for it.  Unfortunately, I think this could mean doom for her given that mentors normally die at the most inopportune moments.  Also, her knowledge came too late to save Nick.

So, the demon was summoned by the Circle 16 years ago?  I wonder why you would summon a demon.  That seems to be an incredibly stupid thing to do.  The only justification I can see for it is if they somehow thought they were summoning a benign spirit of some sort.  Still, the demon killed alot of people before being ended by Charles.  I really feel for him.  To have to drown a kid, even to save yourself and others, is horrible.  I just hope he doesn't go the route of Adam's father.  I suspect that he will start drinking to dull the pain and let what happened slip to Diana around mid-season or at the end of the season.

It was nice to see Adam and Diana together and relaxed.  That was just totally cute.  Then, demonus interruptus.  Talk about killing the mood.  If anyone knows of a faster way to kill a mood, don't tell me, I don't want to know.

I am so not going to enjoy seeing the impact that losing Nick is going to have on Melissa and the rest of the kids (but mainly Melissa).  I wonder if this breaks the Circle and thus restores their individual powers or if they will simply be weakened as a whole because of this.  I am going to say that I am holding out hope that Nick will return somehow, even if I seriously doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment