Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Review of One Tree Hill 6.11- We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me)

This was interesting....

I'm really not sure what to think of this episode. I liked it, but fail to see where it fits into the overall scheme of things. It almost seemed to be a rehash of the past in a new setting. If that was what it was meant to be, then Chad succeeded. If that is not what it was meant to be, then I am confused.

Don't get me wrong, I thought this was a great episode. Definitely different from your standard episode. It was interesting and neat. But I didn't love it and was definitely confused. So this may be a different type of review than normal, but here we go.

Having each character back in the '40s was neat. Lucas owns Karen's Cafe and it is a nightclub. Haley is the singer in the club; beautiful voice as always; and Skillz is the piano player. That was interesting. Not what I would have expected him to be. Nathan was the bartender. Sort of ironic choice, but it put him in a position to see and fall in love with Haley, bringing us Naley. Very nice. Mouth is a reporter. Actually, he seems to be a gossip columnist, which was an interesting choice. Dan is a mob boss type terrorizing people and Julian is his enforcer. Peyton is his protectee. At first, I thought she was his girl, which gave me goosebumps. But thank goodness she wasn't.

Dan kissing Haley was creepy. Dan being a rat b@$tard again was creepy. Dan was just creepy. Paul must have been having the time of his life. No more repentant and reformed Dan. Instead, we get Dan Scott back in all his glory. He even killed Keith. I just wonder if the Scotts were related in this dream world.

I thought the accents that Hilarie, Chad, and Bethany tried to do were interesting. Not the best, but interesting. Maybe accent is the wrong word. Not sure what the right word is, but I think everyone knows what I am talking about.

Owen as a cop was odd. It's almost like they needed to fit him in somehow and so they put him in. Didn't make much sense to me.

Not sure what else to say. Maybe I will need to watch it again and re-review it after seeing how; or if; it fits into the rest of the season.

Next week, everyone is unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment