Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Review of One Tree Hill Episode 605 - You've Dug Your Own Grave, Now Lie In It

Nathan gets an unexpected offer, the Nanny Carrie storyline climaxes, Peyton learns an unexpected secret, Lucas tells an old fiancee the news, and Brooke starts fresh.....

Well, let me start off by saying how happy I am that the Nanny Carrie storyline is finally over. One of One Tree Hill's weirdest plotlines ever ends with Dan's freedom and Nanny Carrie's death. Thank goodness. I do have to say that I love that Deb was saving that Dom Perignon for when she was rid of Dan. That was classic.

When Nathan received that call, I was curious. I was expecting it to be for playing; as we were meant to suspect; but as soon as the GM said the line about good coaching, I knew that he was going to ask Nathan to coach. An unexpected, but really neat twist. He hit Nathan with what I suspect to be the hard truth and Nathan is considering it. I am really glad that he didn't reject it out of hand. He was upset about it, but once he had a chance to think a little, I suspect that he saw the wisdom in what was being said. Nathan would make a great coach and I really hope that he gives this opportunity the thought it deserves. It would mean alot of travel, but I think Haley and Jamie would be able to deal with it since it would mean that Nathan would be a part of the game that has so shaped his life and dreams.

And so the famous musician is probably Peyton's dad. Interesting. His little slip gave alot away, and given the look on his face and the fact that he slipped back into drinking, he knew it. I have a sneaking suspicion that either he was the one who convinced Ellie to give up Peyton or she never gave him a chance to make a choice. Both would explain why he is so reticent to talk with her and why he has taken so long to see her. I am definitely upset that he never came to see her at dinner, but not very surprised. This could provide Peyton with her seasonal quota of family drama. I knew something was going to happen because things have been going too well for her recently. She has been happy for 5 episodes straight, some drama was bound to find her.

I feel sort of bad Lindsey found out about Lucas and Peyton the way she did, but in all fairness, Lucas did try to tell her straight away and she never gave him the chance. So bad feelings disappear pretty quickly. I am glad that she is going to be adult about this. After what happened between her and Lucas, drama is the last thing that they need. I love the book cover, it looked really cool. The writing inside was a nice ending to their story.

Brooke, Brooke, Brooke. You actually gave your company to your mom. I must say that I was not expecting her to actually do that. I honestly figured that she might try to fight more, but I am glad she didn't. In order for her to heal, she needs to get away from Bitchtoria. She can start a new clothing line. She has the experience and the store space, as well as an assistant now that Millicent is back, so she can get going. I do expect Bitchtoria to show up at some point to try and sabotage her, so watch for that. I do wonder though, is she going to become like a big sister to the shoplifter whose name I cannot remember. That seemed to be implied by that scene in the restaurant, so I am going to watch for that too. That would be really cool and help stop Haley from the same storyline all of the time. Maybe Brooke can be a mother figure and help the girl out. Here's wondering....

In two weeks, Nathan watches extreme basketball and Peyton catches her alleged father drunk and passed out. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment