Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Review of OTH 5.08- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

Ok, I was wrong and right about Lucas' proposal last week....

Wow, I knew Lucas' proposal was a reaction to Peyton kissage, but I never thought that it was because Lindsay found the ring. Not that I was fond of the pairing last week, but this week it has reached a new low. Lucas only proposed because Lindsay found the ring, thought it was meant for her, and then threatened to leave. Wow. I feel so sorry for her.  She is so going to get her heart broken in the long run. She doesn't deserve that.

Naley was.....interesting this week. I'm glad Nathan had a talk with Carrie, even if I wish he had told Haley everything, even before the kiss. That little biatch manipulated the whole thing tonight. First, she pretends to remember little of what happened; and yes I think she was faking; and then she blatantly lied to Haley when Haley called home. Then Jamie called her "mommy" and she kissed Nathan; who so should have fired her on the spot. Nathan needs to have a talk with Haley and then they need to let Carrie go.

Haley got it in the teeth today, even though she doesn't know it. She saw her best friend and another friend kissing, even though the best friend is dating someone else. Then she has horrible flashbacks to her husband losing his career and nearly ruining their marriage. Can you blame her for overreacting? I can't; even though I know Haley haters will. She owned up to it and apologized to Nathan. Laying into both Lucas and Peyton was the right thing to do. And don't give me any crap about it not being her business. She is Lucas' best friend, Peyton's friend, and Lindsay's friend and soon to be matron of honor.  Should she tell Lindsay about the kiss? Probably not.  Should she have grilled Lucas and Peyton?  Absolutely. While I get and acknowledge their connection, that doesn't give them license to cheat on Lindsay. Lucas and Peyton need to figure out what the hell they want and then continue living. To do otherwise is unfair to anyone involved with them and to each other.

I'm glad that Peyton got some perspective tonight, but I'm not sure how long it will last. This ought to be interesting.

Watching Brooke chase Owen was funny. I'm interested in seeing where this is headed.

I'm glad Mouth is with a decent person. Alice sleeping with the whole staff? Wow...she's a bigger slut than I thought.

Next week: Peyton v. Lindsay. CAT FIGHT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment