Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Review of Kyle XY 3.05- Life Support

Well, well, well, Kyle becomes a doctor, Jessi and Lori fight (oh shocker there), and Nicole is injured in an accident.

I liked this episode. I didn't love it, but I did like it. A little contrived in order to force Kyle to go to Latnok for help, but other than that, I think this was a solid effort.

Poor Kyle, all these wonderful abilities and he can't save the woman he sees as his mother. He tries to save her and almost makes things worse. But he did deliver a baby. Electroshock delivery, that is a new one. And I get his hesitancy about going to Latnok, but in this case, I definitely think it was the right thing. I think it will have unfortunate side effects in the future, but for now, it was the right thing.

And talk about long distance communication. Kyle is miles away and gets into Jessi's subconscious to send a message. Very cool. And I have to say that if I were Cassidy, I would take Jessi's threat VERY seriously. She is bad enough to actually hurt him if he goes after the people she cares about.

Thank goodness Andy is back! Although I was hoping to see more of her. She appeared and was SupportiveGirlfriend (TM) and that was about it. Well, now that she's back, let's hope she sticks around.

Lori and Jessi have an interesting dynamic. They fight alot but also really care about each other and can make up on a dime. Is that a teenage girl thing?

Oddly enough, until I saw a picture of Declan and Amanda in an ad after the show, I never realized they weren't in this episode. It was sort of nice to be away from the teen drama and more into family drama.

Next week: Kyle confronts Jessi, Kyle appears to start to fulfill his promise to Latnok, Lori catches Josh and Andy making out, and Amanda talks with Lori about Kyle.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment