Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Review Of One Tree Hill 8.08- Mouthful of Diamonds

Not a lot of plot tonight, but a lot of good character stuff.....

First, the theme.  I liked tonights.  I definitely didn't love it, but it was better than some others this season.

Have to start with Brooke and Sylvia (aka the mother-in-law-to-be).  Tonight had their conflict go from hidden to the open.  And was it interesting.  Brooke, not surprisingly, doesn't want Sylvia to pay for the wedding because then Sylvia would be able to dictate what will happen.  Not to mention, Sylvia has been redoing so many things to *HER* wants and desires while totally ignoring Brooke.  Their initial confrontation was desperately needed.  Once they got the yelling out of their systems, they were able to talk with Julian about what happened and get some perspective.  I loved the Brooke throwing balloons thing.  And I loved even more that she did hit Sylvia.  That was funny....

Nathan gets his first client signed.  That was cool.  Being an athlete gives Nathan a totally unique perspective and a certain amount of authority with the athletes.  He can talk their language and understand what they want.  I have to say the look on Troy's face when he met Tony Gonzalez was really funny.  I am pretty sure that is the look I had on my face when I met a musician I have listened to since I was a kid in college.  Nathan took it all in stride since he is used to being around famous people.

Watching Haley make Jamie more comfortable was funny.  The lengths to which she would go to make him feel better was definitely amusing.  The glasses, the fake teeth, and the eye patch fulfilled their purpose: making Jamie realize that all sorts of things are embarrassing but can be embraced.  The story about Haley getting her braces was nice and I liked that mirror when Jamie met the girl at school.  I am also very glad that Haley and Mia got the singer (forgot her name) to work with them.  Having those nice conversations were very helpful and very nice.

Not much to say about Mouth and Chase.  They didn't do a whole lot other than clean, drink, and sort of mope around.

Next week, Thanksgiving comes and there is a lot to be thankful for....or is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment