Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Review of One Tree Hill 8.02- I Can't See You, But I Know You're There

Everyone deals with the aftermath of the shootings of Quinn and Clay, Brooke deals with the aftermath of Millie and Victoria's lies, and Mia deals with the aftermath of her choice to break up with Chase.

Well, that was an interesting episode. Perfect title for the episode. Does anyone know who sang the theme? It was definitely different and I liked it. I wonder if they are going to do a different person singing every week.

I found the Clay and Quinn out of body experiences to be interesting. While not what I would expect from the One Tree Hill universe, it is not wholly implausible. I did like the way it allowed them to hear what everyone was saying. And from the previews for next week, it looks like Clay will continue in this world. Do wonder how that will go. I am very curious as to how they survived this long, but I am willing to suspend my unbelief for a bit.

Poor Haley gets it in the gut again. She is the one who finds her sister and her friend on the floor shot and bleeding. So not what she needs right now. Sending Mia to get Jamie was amusing since he was (understandably) suspicious of people trying to pick him up. More on this in a bit. I think it was neat when she confessed that she wanted Quinn to be her new child's godmother. I also am loving the opening with Haley writing to Lucas. That friendship has been important from the beginning and it is nice to see it continue to pay off. I am proud of Nathan for coming back. Not at all surprised, but still proud. He is always there for the people he loves.

I loved watching Jamie and Julian together. The batting cage was hilarious. Watching Julian fail, then seeing Jamie succeed and listening to Julian's excuses was funny. To finally see Julian succeed after coaching from Jamie was really amusing. Then listening to the list of things that Jamie beat Julian in was hilarious. And trying to pull something over Jamie does not work very well, particularly he knows how things are going to be. Watching him with Quinn was nice. He is such a good kid....ok, with a few notable exceptions....

Poor Brooke is caught in a bad situation because she trusted Millie and Victoria too much. I refuse to say that she trusted the wrong people because I honestly think that both of them are the right people and wanted to give her the best chance they could. Unfortunately, the way they chose was illegal. And as much as I hate to say it, Brooke is partially at fault. She should have kept a closer eye on what was going on. I know that she appointed people she thought she could trust, but I do think she should have kept a closer eyes on things. I hate to say that, but there it is. It was nice to see her there with Haley. Again, not unexpected, but nice anyways. I loved Victoria's speech and think Victoria was being totally honest.

Mia and Chase getting Jamie was funny. Given his history with Carrie, I found his reaction understandable and totally amusing. Listening to him question how Mia could be a close friend to Haley and not be in Denver was interesting. And then to see him totally reject Chase was just funny. Mia's little confrontation with Alex was interesting. Wonder how long this little war will last.

Next week, Clay sees dead people.......

No comments:

Post a Comment