Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Review of One Tree Hill 6.17- You and Me and the Bottle Make Three Tonight

Sorry this is late, had a busy weekend. But here it is. I am back with my reviews. Now the rejoicing may begin....

:-)

I not full of myself....Really! I promise.....

Anyhow, I loved the episode. Before I talk about the stories, I just want to say that I do love the way the episode was set up. They introduced all the stories together, and then gave each story one act all of its own. Well, except for Dan and Deb who go the resolution to each story tagged onto the end of their act. But that's ok. Let's go in story order.

Lucas and Peyton. Not sure of the specifics, but apparently they have been told that if she goes through the pregnancy, there is a good chance she will die and a possibility that the baby will die. Can I just say that that sucks? Lucas is so concerned about not losing Peyton that he tries to guilt her into having an abortion. Peyton doesn't want it and she and Lucas have an interesting fight. Lucas bringing up Peyton without her mother was a bit low, but totally understandable and warranted. He does have a point there. But Peyton made it through ok, so Lucas is not totally correct. And as Peyton pointed out, Lucas only had Karen as a parent and he ended up ok. And he would have everyone around him to help him, just like Karen had Keith. I am glad they are keeping the baby, and I really hope Peyton makes it.

Mouth and Millie. Tonight for them was all about closure. Mouth got to say some things that he needed to say about his feelings of guilt and Millie got to do the same. They are going to be apart for a while, which is good. As much as I love them individually and as a couple, I think they have been pretty much wasted this season.

Nathan and Haley. I love me my Naley. Coming together for their anniversary and having that dinner by the fire, just like in times past. I am glad Nathan is puching Haley on the music front, although I do hope he doesn't push her too hard. She does love it and thrives on stage, but she also loves and thrives on being a mother. She needs to find the balance there for herself. I think; and hope; that Nathan is smart enough to realize that. The two of them have come so far and become so strong that I agree with Nathan, they could handle the separation just fine. And who knows, maybe one could be with the other when they have time free.

Brooke and Julian. Ok, stick a fork in them, they are done. Julian is in love; or at least thinks he is; with her and she likes him. She hasn't known him long enough to love him yet. I could hit him. The two of them could be good for each other if Julian wouldn't rush things. Give Brooke time to get to know you well and figure out how she feels. She doesn't rush in anymore, she needs time to think. And now he is pulling away. Great.....

Dan and Deb. I am a tad bit confused. I thought that Dan knew that Deb poisoned his scotch and set the car dealership on fire. Didn't she tell him that at the end of Season 3? But tonight he didn't seem to know about it and seemed to be asking if that was what happened. I am confused. Methinks someone screwed up. I did love seeing the two of them together and being somewhat friendly. And the look on Deb's face when Jamie came with the beeper was priceless.

Well, will be back tomorrow for the next new epsiode. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment